The Trump administration said on Tuesday it is releasing millions of COVID-19 vaccine doses it had been holding back for second inoculations, as reported Financial Post.
US Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said that releasing these doses should bring the total number that have been made available for use in the US to around 38 million.
Azar added that the subsequent distributions of doses by the federal government will give preference "based on the pace of administration as reported by states and by the size of the 65 and over population in each state."
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention head Robert Redfield said he "strongly recommends" vaccines be made available to people aged over 65 and those younger than 65 who have chronic health conditions.
To read more NewsPoints articles, click here.