Shanghai, February 18, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Shanghai HaiHe Biopharma Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "HaiHe "), which focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of innovative drugs for cancer, and China's famous pharmaceutical group, China Shijiazhuang Holding Group Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “CSPC”) announced today that the two sides have reached a strategic collaborating agreement to form a joint venture company to co-develop five innovative drug projects of HaiHe Biopharma: RMX1001, RMX1002, RMX2001, HH185 and CDK4/6i.
“We are very pleased to work with the fully reinforced mega pharmaceutical companies such as CSPC to form a joint venture to co-develop and commercialize five projects of HaiHe.” Academician Jian Ding, Chairman of HaiHe Biopharma, commented. "This collaboration represents HaiHe's R&D capability has been recognized by the industry. The joint venture company will give full play to HaiHe’s science-driven innovative R&D capabilities and CSPC’s extensive experience in manufacture and marketing to achieve strong alliances. Focusing on R&D, manufacture and marketing of original Chinese innovative drugs, we will accelerate the development and marketization of drugs based on our existing core competencies and areas of expertise to meet the clinical needs of more patients."
Dongchen Cai, Chairman of CSPC, said: “In recent years, as one of the most innovative pharmaceutical groups in China, CSPC has vigorously developed innovative drug R&D, and has rapidly promoted the transformation and upgrading of the group. The formation of the joint venture company will be an important milestone for our commitment of “All for good medicine, all for mankind’s health.” We look forward to complementing the advantages of HaiHe, and sincerely collaborate to continue to use “innovation” and “internationalization” as the two driving engines to advance more innovative drugs made in China to enter the international market."
About RMX1001、RMX1002、RMX2001、HH185 and CDK4/6i
- RMX1001 is a differentiated COX-2 inhibitor with foreign phase IIb clinical data. HaiHe owns China rights and filed IND in China. According to available data, RMX1001 is a safe and effective non-opioid analgesic with remarkable efficacy, rapid onset, long-lasting pain relief and less adverse reactions.
- RMX1002 is the most advanced developed EP4 receptor antagonist globally with foreign phase IIb clinical data. HaiHe owns China rights and has completed the domestic phase I clinical study. RMX1002 is effective against OA, RA and other inflammatory pains and has a long-lasting analgesic effect. It is expected to be a new analgesic drug other than non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs/COX-2 inhibitors.
- RMX2001 is a new type antibiotic as a second generation oxazolidinone analogue. It is undergoing phase II clinical studies abroad. HaiHe owns China rights and has initiated phase I clinical study for the treatment of multi-drug resistant tuberculosis and drug-resistant Gram-positive infection. RMX2001 has strong in vitro & in vivo activity against Gram-positive bacteria, excellent pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic parameters, and less bone marrow suppression in animal experiments, showing good efficacy in tuberculosis mouse model.
- HH185 is a FGFR 1,2,3 targeted inhibitor and is undergoing phase I clinical studies. Preclinical studies have shown that HH185 has the advantages of strong anti-tumor activity, excellent PD-PK characteristics, low toxicity, high bioavailability, and CSF1-R targeting effects. The joint venture will further develop and commercialize HH185 outside the field of oncology and pulmonary fibrosis.
- CDK4/6 targeted inhibitors are in preclinical studies, and data have shown good in vitro and in vivo activity, metabolic properties, and significant blood-brain barrier penetration.
HaiHe Biopharma Co., Ltd is a biopharmaceutical company focusing on discovery, development and commercialization of innovative anti-tumor drugs.Guided by our mission, “Inclusive and open to diversity, innovation oriented to win together and benefit the mankind”, HaiHe Biopharma insists on the way of independent innovation and pursues for global development of Chinese original innovative drugs in partnership with Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Science (SIMM).
In March 2018, Shanghai HaiHe Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. merged with RMX (Shanghai) Pharmaceutical Technology Co., Ltd. The company is led by an academician of the Chinese Academy of Engineering and a National Thousand Talent. The senior management team has extensive experiences in drug research and development in China and abroad. Over the past years, HaiHe Biopharma has built fully integrated pre-clinical evaluation technical platform and clinical study system for innovative drugs, with advanced technology and operation in consistence with international standards and norms, covering subunits from compound synthesis, quality study, formulation development, pharmacological and pharmacodynamics evaluation, biomarker discovery and validation, medical strategy and clinical study, etc. The company has established a globally competitive innovative drug R&D system and robust product pipeline. There are 10 compounds in clinical and 5 compounds in preclinical studies, among which 9 are discovered in-house.
Please visit the company website for more information: http://www.haihepharma.com .
China Shijiazhuang Holding Group Co., Ltd. (CSPC) is one of the leading companies in China's pharmaceutical industry. The listed company in Hong Kong (01093.HK) is a constituent stock of the Hong Kong Hang Seng Index and the first pharmaceutical stock in the 50-year history of the Hang Seng Index.
CSPC is principally engaged in the development, manufacture and marketing of pharmaceutical products. The products mainly include seven series of nearly 1,000 varieties including cardiovascular and cerebrovascular, antibiotics, vitamins, antipyretic and analgesic, digestive system drugs and anti-tumor drugs. The products are sold all over the country and the world with more than 60 countries and regions.
Please visit the company website for more information: http://www.e-cspc.com